(Lend-A-Hand) at any of our program locations in a variety of capacities.
• Provide professional services on a reduced or no cost basis.
• Assist at food distributions or at food banks
• Hold a fund raiser or food drive
• Perform clerical and office functions
• Work in classrooms, kitchens or ride on the bus
• Serve on the Board of Directors or Head Start Policy Council
WORK FOR US!
• Substitute in classrooms, kitchens or on the bus
• On the Job Training Opportunities
are accepted at any time of year for any of the programs that are operated by Oregon Coast Community Action.
• Cash donations.
• Leave a Legacy or Living Gifts
• Food donations – large or small
• Office Supplies and equipment
• Computers and technology equipment
• Help the Share Bear Snack Pack program!
We are a nonprofit network of programs that feed, house, warm and educate people. Our joint administration provides a cost effective way to manage and develop programs to meet the needs of the communities we serve. We strive to provide families with help up and out of poverty, not just a hand out.
Nia and Jo setting up candles at the CASA Candle Light Vigil
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope,
improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
All south coast households are thriving and living with
dignity, security and hope.
All those who can be self-sufficient - are
Those who cannot be self-sufficient - are helped
And everyone who can – helps others
Empowering people to work toward social and economic
justice and independence.
The best known of our programs is:
• South Coast Head Start where we serve over 360 three and four year old children in Coos and Curry Counties by providing a comprehensive preschool experience for the children, while providing social services for the family.
• South Coast Food Share where in partnership with over 32 member organizations we provide food for over 1690 food boxes and 11,650 meals per month.
• Housing Assistance Program provides affordable housing opportunities, stabilization services to help people stay in housing, and support for homeless programs.
• Energy Assistance Programs provide support to help households deal with increasing energy costs both with cash help and ways to lower usage including the weatherization of over 100 homes a year.
An important service we provide to the community is the administration of state and federal funds for other local programs. Other organizations we support are included on our links page.
Our funding is varied and while state and federal grants are a large portion of our budget, donations and volunteer hours are critical to our ability to bring these programs to our communities.
Oregon Coast Community Action
2110 Newmark Ave. • Coos Bay, OR 97420 • (541) 888-7094